Parchment High School
Student/Family Supports during COVID-19
Students are encouraged to reach out to the high school counselor, Mrs. Edds if they are in need of personal, emotional, academic, or any other type of support during the COVID-19 shutdown. Mrs. Edds can be contacted at:
- Email- email@example.com
- Call/Text- 269-409-3848
- Students can also request a face-to-face meeting with Mrs. Edds. The Google form to request a meeting can be found on the Parchment High School website as well as on Parchment School District social media platforms and at this link: https://forms.gle/Bv9YdNhMCb6RqhYg7
There are also many resources available in our community:
- Gryphon Place
- Dial 2-1-1 or text 898-211Call for referrals for food, shelter, mental health care, support groups, utility assistance or other social service. A trained specialist can refer you to community resources that may be able to help. Available 24 hours a day/365 days a year.
- Kalamazoo Loaves and Fishes To schedule a pick-up or inquire about a mobile food distribution, please call 269-343-3663 after 9:00 am Monday through Friday.
- Mental Health Services (Michigan)- families can text “RESTORE” to this crisis line and they are set up with a therapist.
- Michigan CARES Portal This is a free portal during the 2020-21 school year full of resources about helping children process emotions related to the pandemic.