The purpose of the Guidance/Counseling office is to:
- Assist students in developing a positive and realistic self-image, decision-making skills, awareness of alternatives, insight into behaviors and healthy interpersonal relationships.
- Provide supportive services to school staff and respond to the needs of staff with information and resources.
- Provide parents with information on the development and management of the middle school age child.
- Facilitate positive and helpful relationships between students, school personnel and parents.
- Share updated information on community agencies and resources, initiate referrals and participate in professional organizational activities.
To arrange an appointment with the counselor, the student can:
- Sign up for an appointment in the Counselors' office area.
- Write a note and have it put in the counselor's mailbox in the office.
- Ask the teacher for permission to see the counselor.