Enrollment Process

Be in touch with your school's principal to make arrangements to pick up an enrollment form.

We ask that parents bring:

  • Residency identification
  • Parchment participates in Schools of Choice 105 allowing enrollment of students from other districts in the Kalamazoo RESA county boundaries. Ask for an application to be reviewed by administration.
  • If a resident of outlying county (contiguous school districts to Kalamazoo County), we participate in Schools of Choice 105c. Application to enroll students can be made the first two weeks of school in August/September or the first two weeks of the second semester to enroll as 105c students.
  • Birth certificate*
  • Immunization card*

*For asterisked items, parents have 30 days to provide this information.

Additional Enrollment Information

In general, State law requires students to enroll in the school district in which their parent or legal guardian resides. New students under the age of eighteen (18) must be enrolled by their parent or legal guardian.

When enrolling, parents must provide copies of the following:

  1. a birth certificate or similar document.
  2. court papers allocating parental rights and responsibilities, or custody (if appropriate).
  3. proof of residency.
  4. proof of immunizations.

Under certain circumstances, temporary enrollment may be permitted. In such cases, parents will be notified about documentation required to establish permanent enrollment. Homeless students who meet the Federal definition of homeless may enroll and will be under the direction of the District Liaison for Homeless Children with regard to enrollment procedures.

A student who has been suspended or expelled by another public school in Michigan may be temporarily denied admission to the District's schools during the period of suspension or expulsion even if that student would otherwise be entitled to attend school in the District.

Likewise, a student who has been expelled or otherwise removed for disciplinary purposes from a public school in another state and the period of expulsion or removal has not expired, may be temporarily denied admission to the District's schools during the period of expulsion or removal or until the expiration of the period of expulsion or removal which the student would have received in the District had the student committed the offense while enrolled in the District. Prior to denying admission, however, the Superintendent shall offer the student an opportunity for a hearing to review the circumstances of the suspension or expulsion and any other factors the Superintendent determines to be relevant.