Email and Network Conversion Updates and Links
GroupWise EmailRIP July 14, 2017
As we move to the new Microsoft network, we will post any updates here that you will need to know. Our intent is to update this each Friday or more often as needed. As the data is transferred over there may be periods of outages, and this page will help to make you aware of that and any other action that you may need.
- August 13, 2017 - Synergy is now mostly working. We are moving on to the setups that are normally done to start the new year. We are a little behind on this. If you log on you may not see your class lists yet. If you do, they will be mostly incorrect as scheduling is not completed at the Middle School and Barclay and student schedule changes and new students have not been edited at the High School. Students are mostly scheduled at Central and Northwood. Schedules for North are not done.
With the exception of a few laptops that are in hiding, all computers in the district have been reimaged. We are now a complete Windows network. Any passwords you had in Novell no longer work.
We are working on cheatsheets to help with the move to Outlook, Windows 10 and Office 2016. Hopefully we will be able to provide some hands-on training for this when you return to work. This has not yet been finalized.
- July 31, 2017 - Licensing for Novell expires today. If your district computer has not yet been reimaged you will not be able to log on.
- July 28, 2017 - North and Central are fully reimaged.
- July 21, 2017 - Admin, MS, HS and Barclay are fully reimaged. See the cheatsheet below titled, First Login. Most network files and applications have been converted to Windows.
- July 19, 2017 - New computers for Admin, North and Northwood arrived.
- July 17, 2017 - All GroupWise accounts have been converted. Remember that your password for the first log in has changed. Ths was sent out in an email earlier. Your old GroupWise password will not work.
- July 14, 2017 - Conversion of GroupWise to Exchange begins for all users not previously converted. Conversion should be complete by Sunday, July 16.
- July 12, 2017 - Barclay computers are reimaged as are MS Office computers.
- July 11, 2017 - Email memo sent to all users (copy of the memo is posted below), MS users begin conversion to Exchange. MS staff should start using Outlook web access
- June 30, 2017 - Phones are programmed! For those teachers who are changing rooms or buildings, the phone has been programmed for your new room. If you notice spelling errors in the display or any other issues with voicemail, let us know. Directions for setting up your voicemail are available below under cheat sheets.
- Memo sent July 13 regarding conversion process for email (PDF)
- Voicemail Setup (PDF)
Outlook Web Access
- Basics - Revised 7/17 (PDF)
- Display Settings (PDF)
- Filters (PDF)
- Automatic Replies (PDF)
- Mail Options (PDF)
- Calendar Options (PDF)