July 22, 2013(PDF)
Board Goals 2013-2014
Parchment School District will ensure increased student achievement by providing learners with opportunities to:
- Experience a challenging, relevant, rigorous learning environment which will prepare them to be lifelong learners and successful in a global society
- Develop into critical and creative thinkers, be adaptable citizens of the future and be able to embrace change
- Establish and foster positive relationships with caring adults
- Promote parental engagement in the educational process
The Parchment School District will partner with the community to invest in our children's future by increasing participation and ownership in our school district by:
- Promoting honest, trustworthy relationships with all stakeholders through open communication
- Engaging parents/guardians in the educational process via Parent/Teacher Conferences, Pinnacle utilization, Newsletters, Parent/Teacher Organizations, Boosters, etc.
- Improving communications with constituents through the use of our district website, e-newsletters, interactive alumni site, RSS feeds, parent notification/communication system (SchoolMessenger), and other technology
- Promoting the District to potential families/students via electronic media and other promotional efforts aligned with district marketing/branding efforts
- Seeking out and respecting each other's diverse ideas, perspectives and abilities
- Increasing collaborations with business, government and cultural organizations to maximize our community resources
- Communicating short & long term plans for District operations as appropriate with all stakeholders (finance, facilities, transportation, technology and curriculum)
The Parchment School District will maximize District resources by:
- Prioritizing needs while meeting local, State and Federal requirements
- Effectively manage district resources
- Building public support and involvement to support the District's future financial stability
- Maintaining and improving facilities, equipment and virtual environments to enhance programming, health and safety
- Effective implementation of technology that supports learning and facilitates operations
- Maximize resources through internal collaboration and through other educational entities
View the Parchment School Board policies here.
Board Operating Procedures
Board Operating Procedures approved May 2015 (PDF)
2014 - 2015 Board Meeting Dates
The regular meetings of the Parchment Board of Education are held on the fourth Monday of each month except December 15, 2014 and May 18, 2015 (3rd Mondays). Meetings are convened in the library of the Parchment High School, 1916 East G Avenue, Parchment, Michigan 49004, at 7:00 p.m. unless otherwise posted.
- July 28, 2014
- August 25, 2014
- September 22, 2014
- October 20, 2014 (North Elementary)
- November 24, 2014 (Central Elementary)
- December 15, 2014 (Middle School) *
- January 26, 2015 (High School)
- February 23, 2015 ( Northwood Elementary)
- March 23, 2015 (Barclay Hills Ed. Ctr.)
- April 27, 2015
- May 18, 2015 *
- June 22, 2015
*Indicates this is not the 4th Monday.
Please visit the district calendar to check for any meeting changes or cancellations to school board meetings.