At Parchment School District, we believe that extracurricular activities provide a critical component to a well-rounded educational experience. With that in mind, our schools work hard to offer a variety of activities, athletics and other special programs for our students.
Please visit each school's section to find out more about the activities offered:
- High School activities
- Middle School activities
- Central Elementary activities
- North Elementary activities
- Northwood Elementary activities
Parchment, through agreements with other county districts and the intermediate school district, offers a variety of special programs for our students:
Gifted and Talented
The Parchment Board of Education recognizes the need for special programming for students who are academically gifted and talented. The Board is dedicated to providing opportunities both within and with out the District to encourage those students toward maximum growth and a greater understanding of their capabilities.
- A pullout program is provided for grades 3, 4 and 5 which focuses on math, literature, problem solving and research skills.
- Enrichment programming for students in grades 3, 4 and 5.
- A language arts program for grades 6, 7 and 8.
- 9th Grade Honors English class.
- 10th Grade Honors English class.
- High School Advanced Placement classes in English, Calculus and Biology.
- Kalamazoo Math/Science Center.
- Kalamazoo College Academically Talented Youth Program.
Student Assistance Program for at-risk students providing mentoring, contact with guidance counselors, referral to outside agencies, available K-12.
Parchment PREP (Preschool Readiness Enrichment Program), a preschool program for four year olds in need of additional preparation for kindergarten.
Title I provides support and direct instruction in reading to students in grades K-5.
Education for Employment (EFE)
Education for Employment (EFE) provides vocational training experiences for juniors and seniors in sites around the county. EFE courses include a wide range of careers including Arts and Communication, Business and Marketing, Engineering, Health and Natural Sciences, and Human Services, Law Enforcement, Automotive, Building Trades, Health Occupations plus many more.
Education for the Arts (EFA)
Education for the Arts (EFA) provides visual and performing arts courses for any high school student in a variety of programs throughout the county including dance, pottery and others.
Plato Online Instruction
Online basic courses offered at Barclay Hills Education Center and Parchment High School.
Michigan Virtual High School
Online AP classes offered at Parchment High School.
District Quick Links
Annual Education Report